This great article is written by and sourced from Forbes.com
WordPress is the industry leader when it comes to content management systems. In fact, at last check, 29% of all websites are built using WordPress (the next closest competitor, Joomla, stands at just 3%).
Not only is it arguably the most user-friendly platform, it’s unparalleled when it comes to SEO. Even right out of the box, all the basics of SEO are covered.
That said, with the help of a few other strategies, you can take your WordPress SEO to the next level. Following are 10 ways to make sure your WordPress site and content are optimized to the fullest.
First a note on WordPress.com versus WordPress.org
Please note: This post refers to sites or blogs built using WordPress.org.
While WordPress.com is a decent tool for building a quick, free blog, it doesn’t even come close to a self-hosted, WordPress.org site when it comes to versatility, branding and SEO.
The main SEO advantages to using WordPress.org include:
- The ability to use SEO plugins
- Access to thousands of responsive (SEO-friendly) themes
- Ability to use Google Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools)
- Ability to alter code as needed
- As already mentioned, your WordPress.org is pretty well optimized, right from the start. But these 10 strategies and plugins will cover the rest of your SEO bases! CLICK THE LINK BELOW!